So, Father's Day is a unique day for me. I am thrilled to honor Dan for the amazing daddy that he is, but I mourn for the loss of my daddy just the same. So some of the day I cry, and the rest of the day we laugh & play. I thought I might just make it this year without shedding any tears, and I was doing okay until the sermon started. The preacher talked about his young, newly-married son who died suddenly and then his own commitment to his younger son to "pursue a relationship with him." That preacher calls his son on a regular basis just to encourage him and tell him he loves him. It made me cry to realize that my daddy can't tell me he loves me even one more time. Thankfully, I know it in my heart, and that makes these times so much easier.
Thank you, Dan, for being the amazing husband and father that you are! We love you!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment