Friday, September 26, 2008

Delicious

This evening at the grocery store Reyna asked very politely if she could have one of those little cups of Nutter Butter cookies. Since she asked so nicely, I agreed she could have them but that she couldn't eat any until after supper. She agreed and carried them clear through the store. When we got to the car, she wanted to hold them. I reminded her that she couldn't have any till after supper. As we left the parking lot she had the lid off, but it still had the foil cover over the cookies. Once again I reminded her that she couldn't eat any till after supper. About 2 blocks from home, she took the foil off. Well, now the cookies were right under her nose. I said, "Reyna, remember what Mommy said. No cookies till after supper." She said, "I know, Momma. I won't eat any. Mmmm, they smell delicious!" I laughed out loud.

It occurs to me that learning to overcome temptation starts so early in life.

No comments: