Tonight, Reyna was telling me about when she gets married.
Reyna: Who will be my husband?
Mom: Your husband will be your husband?
Reyna: But daddy is already a husband.
Mom: I know. You'll have to find your own husband. Daddy is MY husband.
Reyna: Yeah. You and I will search the whole world to find the best boy to be my husband, and then Daddy will decide if he's good enough. We'll find one or two, and then we'll bring them to Daddy, and he will choose which one's the best.
And, my mind prays, "Oh God, at that point in her life, I hope and pray that she'll still value our opinions in the choice of her mate. And, I ask that you'll help her find him -- the one who is the very best for her."
1 comment:
What a sweet thing to say. I hope she finds a man like her dad and grandpa. They are the best. But of course she wouldn't be who she is without her Momma.
Post a Comment