Reyna & I had more visitors yesterday. My co-worker, Christi, and her son, Curtis, came over for the evening, so Curtis could mow our yard. We ate supper together, and then he went to work while we girls watched a movie and chatted.
Tonight after a fiasco of a supper Reyna & I went and did a little shopping. Speaking of fiasco, let me tell you about the fun time (actually not so fun for either one of us) we had during supper. It was one of those nights where I served Reyna's favorite, macaroni & cheese. You might think that if it's her favorite, it should be an easy mealtime -- not so. The girl loves her macaroni to such an extent that she gets extremely frustrated when she can't scoop enough into her mouth fast enough. So after only about 5 bites, she threw down her fork in frustration. I did what I thought was the good, motherly thing to do and suggested she use her fingers, try again, or ask for help. When she threw the fork the second time, I told her that was a no no. The third time, she was sent to time out. The fourth time she received a spanking and a time out. The fifth time, supper was declared to be over. After I finished cleaning everything up, I gave her one more chance to "eat nicely" and not throw her fork. What do you know -- she really could do it! How do you teach a 2 year old patience and perseverance?!? Maybe God asks himself the same thing about me sometimes. =)
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment